Phonic – Revision on Sounds Made by Various Animals Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Term 2 Week 1 English Studies
THEME – READING
TOPIC – REVISION ON SOUNDS
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. identify and name the sounds made by various animals and
2. reproduce sounds made by animals.
The pupils can identify and name various animals. Also, they recognize the sound made by animals like goat, dogs, hen, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Picture books.
2. Picture of animals.
3. Appropriate rhymes.
4. Teacher’s demonstration.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
NAME OF ANIMALS
AUDITORY PERCEPTION AND DISCRIMINATION
Produce sounds of domestic animals such as –
6. Goat, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart showing common domestic animals.
3. Lets pupils identify and name the animals on the charts.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and name the animals on the charts.
4. Asks pupils to produce sound made by each of the animal.
Pupils Activities – Produce sound made by different animals.
5. Produce the sounds of various animals.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the sounds of the various animals listed by the teacher.
6. Asks pupils to imitate the sound of various animals.
Pupil’s Activities – Try to produce the various sounds.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. identify and name animals on the chart.
2. identify and name the sounds made by various animals and
3. reproduce sounds made by animals.