CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
PREVIOUS LESSON – Why Good Works cannot Save Us from God’s Eternal Punishment? | How to be saved from God’s Punishment? Primary 1 (Basic 1) Christian Religious Studies
TOPIC – THINGS CHRISTIANS SHOULD DO
1. Introductory Activities
2. What a Christian should do?
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
list some things a Christian should do, and why.
The pupils can state Do’s and Don’ts at home and in the school.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Bible picture of the child Jesus.
2. Picture showing reward for obedience.
3. Picture of a prisoner.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
Always lead the pupils to say at least the Lord’s Prayer before the lesson and the grace after the lesson.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing reward for obedience at home or in the school for the pupils to examine and describe instant when such rewards are given.
Pupil’s Activities/Expected Response – When you obey, respect, support, etc.
Teacher’s Remarks – Correct, it is good to be good. When you are obedient at home and in the school, everyone will love you and always want to give you a gift. When you do your assignment and study well, you will be given a prize for doing well. The same go for a Christian who always things in the right ways and according to God’s will. Based on the below verses, discuss what a Christian should do with the pupils and write them on the board.
Deuteronomy 6 : 2
so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.
Luke 10 : 25 – 28
25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”
27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”
THINGS A CHRISTIAN SHOULD DO
As a Christian, here’s some of the things to do always –
1. Love God and one another.
2. Obedience to God, parents and government.
3. Jesus was obedient to God.
4. Jesus loved His enemies.
5. Ways to show obedience and love to God, our parents and nation.
When you do all the above,
1. You will be call a Christian.
2. You will be blessed by God and men.
3. God will protect you from all evils.
4. You will receive favour always.
5. You will reign with God in heaven.
LESSON 2 – ROLE PLAY ON REWARD FOR REPORTING LOST ITEMS
Organize a role play on reward for reporting lost item.
REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss what a Christian should do.
3. Leads in discussion why we should love and obey God.
4. Discusses ways to show obedience to God.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussions on why we should obey God.
5. Explains the Bible passages in support of obedience to parents and God.
6. Counsels pupils to obey the law of the nation.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate obedience to the law of the land e.g. cleaning of classroom.
7. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Role play on reward for reporting lost item.
8. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to.list 2 things a Christian should do and why?
As in the lesson evaluation.