COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: COMPUTER KEYBOARD
PREVIOUS LESSON – APPLICATION OF COMPUTER KEYBOARD – SPACE BAR, BACK SPACE KEY AND ARROW KEYS (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: APPLICATION OF COMPUTER KEYBOARD – ENTER KEY AND CAP LOCK
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. use the return key to move the cursor to the next line.
2. use the cap lock to change small letters a – Z to capital letters A – Z.
The pupils are required to already have learned application of computer keyboard – Space Bar, Back Space Key and Arrow Keys.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
functional computer systems.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INSTRUCTIONS – IDENTIFY AND USE
Open Ms word and type,
Note – enter key was officially called return key.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to use of cap lock and enter key.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s instructions.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Mainly practical.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – mouse.
Pupils to type as state in the content of the lesson.