RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC: IMPORTANCE OF GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES TO NIGERIANS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the importance of UBE, NEEDS and due process.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Posters from UBEC
- Course book
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IMPORTANCE OF UBE
1. Provision of free and compulsory education of all Nigeria of school going age.
2. I wipes out illiteracy.
3. It gives opportunity to all irrespective of gender and status.
IMPORTANCE OF NEEDS
1. Value reorientation
2. Poverty eradication
3. Job creation
4. Wealth generation and using education to empower the people.
IMPORTANCE OF DUE PROCESS
1. Rules and regulations are followed.
2. Corruption are discouraged.
3. It will then be impossible to bribe government workers.
4. There will be fairness and equity.
5. People will be treated fairly and equally, since the normal procedure of doing things will be adhered to.
6. The goals of government will be achieved.
7. Services will be provided for the benefit of all, irrespective of their positions in society.
8. Due process will save time and eliminate all delay in doing business at all levels of government.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to mention the importance of the UBE programme;
Pupil’s Activities – Respond to the questions and clarify issues when necessary.
3. Guides the pupils to enumerate the importance of NEEDS
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the enumeration of the importance of NEEDS.
1. State importance of UBE;
2. List and explain two importance of NEEDS.