Last Updated on August 27, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME: ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – INTRODUCTION TO TIE AND DYE I (Primary 6)
TOPIC: Introduction To Tie and Dye
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. explain the meaning of tie and dye;
2. state various methods of making tie and dye.
3. use one or two methods for tie and dye.
Putting blue in a cloth.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Water (hot and cold)
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book 6
All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Tie and dye designs can be simple or complex.
They can be of a single colour (monochrome), or multicoloured.
Other techniques of fabric decoration include printing, embroidery, painting, and appliqué.
METHODS OF MAKING TIE AND DYE
Folding is a method of making stripes patterns by folding.
Tying is a method of tying the fabric to create a patterns or designs.
Stitching is a method of using needle (machine) and tread to join or pull together to form or create a patterns or designs.
Knotting is a method of using clamps and pegs to hold fabric together create patterns or designs.
Pleating is a method of folding.
Marbling is a method of loosening and pressing together without any definite patterns or designs.
Batik is a wax-resist method of dyeing fabric.
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of tie and dye;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher.
3. Discusses method of making tie dye;
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the methods of tie and dye with teacher and asks questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to attempt all the following questions on workbook.
List and explain 5 methods of tie and dye.
This is showing not be the same day with the SECTION A.
Use the following options to complete the following – folding, stitching, knotting, typing, marbling, pleating and batik.
6. ___________________ is a method of making stripes patterns by folding.
7. ___________________ is a method of tying the fabric to create a patterns or designs.
8. ___________________ is a method of using needle (machine) and tread to join or pull together to form or create a patterns or designs.
9. ___________________ is a method of using clamps and pegs to hold fabric together create patterns or designs.
10. ___________________ is a method of folding.
11. ___________________ is a method of loosening and pressing together without any definite patterns or designs.
12. ___________________ is a wax-resist method of dyeing fabric.