BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Living Things Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Basic Science and Technology
TOPIC – LIVING THINGS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Living Things
3. Identify other Living Things at Home
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. identify self as a living thing.
2. identify other living things at home.
The pupils can identify living things like human, animals and plants.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts and pictures of animals and plants.
2. people in the classroom at home.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Living things are things that are alive.
Living things can breathe. They need air, food and water to survive.
Examples of living things in our home are –
6. insect, etc.
LESSON 2 – REPEAT THE ACTIVITIES IN LESSON 1
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart showing domestic and wild animals.
3. Lets pupils identify each of the animals and where they can be found.
4. Based on the pupils responses, tell them that animals like goat, chicken, etc. are animals at home.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify each animal on the chart and where they can be found.
4. Guides pupils to explore outside school surroundings and identifying living things.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify other things as living things.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to state 5 living things at home.