PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – PERSONAL, SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
PREVIOUS LESSON – CARE FOR PARTS OF THE BODY
TOPIC – SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAMME
1. Meaning of School Health Programme
2. Components of School Health Programme
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
1. explain the meaning of school health programme;
2. list five components of the school health programme.
Cares for the body.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Mid – day meals timetable
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Compendium Physical and Health Education for basic 5.
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Childhood is the age of learning and it is the time when a child start developing practices and attitude towards health. It is very important to target the children for oral health awareness and demonstration of correct methods for oral hygiene.
MEANING OF SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAMME
The School Health programme was designed to ensure that the pupils are as healthy as possible and to obtain the maximum benefit from his/her education with the learning environment safe and conducive for learning.
COMPONENTS OF SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAMME
1. School Health Instruction/Education.
2. Healthful School Environment/Living.
3. School Health Services.
4. School Community Relationship.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of school health;
3. Lists the component of School Health Programmes;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanations.
4. Summarizes the major points on the board;
Pupil’s Activities – ask and answer questions; write notes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Explain the meaning of School Health Programme.
List four components of School Health Programme.