By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. state the meaning of application software.
2. mention 5 examples of application software.
The pupils are required to already have learned about the parts of the computer system which we can see and touch – utility software.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a computer system with all the necessary software installed.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF APPRECIATION SOFTWARE
Application software is used to perform a specific job such as creating documents, spreadsheets, databases and publications, doing online research, sending email, designing graphics, running businesses, and playing games.
Examples of Application Software
1. Microsoft Word
2. Microsoft Excel
8. Microsoft Office
10. Media player
12. Social media – facebook, whatsapp, 2go, etc.
13. Internet browser – opera mini, chrome, safari, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to type short text to demonstrates word processing;
3. Draws objects to demonstrate graphics;
4. Plays available game in computer and mobile phone to demonstrate entertainment.
Pupil’s Activities – Repeat each activity demonstrated by the teacher.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – uses of computer systems.
Welcome! We believe teachers inspire our future. CRN (ClassRoomNotes) is a website FOR TEACHERS BY TEACHERS, and we aim to continuously inform and encourage teaching! All materials are subject to TERMLY review. Eko Quizzes Now available at ekoquiz.com.