CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – FORMS OF MUSIC II (PRIMARY 5)
1. Meaning of Mosaics
2. Materials and Tools for Mosaics
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. state the meaning of Mosaic.
2. list materials and tools for Mosaic.
The pupils are required to already have learned forms of music.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Card board sheets
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF MOSAICS
Mosaic is the art of putting together small pieces of materials (stone, tile, glass, etc.) to produce artwork.
These artworks are used for decoration on walls, cardboard, plywood or floor.
MATERIALS FOR MOSAICS MAKING
2. Pieces of glass (coloured)
3. Cardboard (assorted colours)
4. Glue or Evostic
7. Beads or buttons
11. Old calendars
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to state the meaning of mosaic.
Pupil’s Activities – State the meaning of mosaic.
3. Discusses materials used for mosaic.
Pupil’s Activities – List materials used for mosaic.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state the meaning of mosaic.
2. list materials for mosaic.
3. produce mosaic against one of the ills of society.