BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – SIMPLE MACHINE IN THE HOME
TOPIC – SIMPLE MACHINE ON THE FARM
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify and name simple machines in the farm.
Simple machine – basket, wheelbarrow, hoe, cutlass, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Head pan.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFICATION OF SIMPLE USED BY FARMERS ON THE FARM
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Takes pupils to visits and observe workers on the farm.
- Leads them to identify simple machines used by workers on the farm.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe workers as they use simple machines on the farm.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to name four simple machines used on the farm.