Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – SIMPLE MACHINE ON THE FARM
TOPIC – USES OF BROOM
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- states the uses of broom.
- Draw and colour a broom.
Broom is used for sweeping.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of broom.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – USES OF BROOM
USES OF BROOM
- It is used for sweeping the house.
- It is used for washing the floor with soap.
- It is used for removing cobwebs and spiders.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Initiates and guides class discussion that will help pupils to know the uses of broom both at home and in the school.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify the uses of broom in the school and at home.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- state two uses of broom.
- draws and colour a broom.