Pronunciation of Multi – Syllabic (4 and 5 Syllable Words) Words Primary 3 (Basic 3) Term 2 Week 2 English Studies
THEME – PHONICS
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – PRONUNCIATION OF MULTI SYLLABIC WORDS
2. Four and Five Syllable Words
3. Identification of Four and Five Syllable Words
4. Complete Four and Five Syllable Words
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. produce multi-syllabic words – 2 and 3 -syllable words.
2. identify 2 and 3 syllable words.
3. complete 2 and 3 syllable words.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Flash cards
2. Sentence strips
3. Flannel boards
4. Course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A syllable is a unit of a word that contains a single vowel sound and it is pronounced as a part.
- One syllable words,
Boy, long, on, more, now, etc.
- Two syllable words,
Paper, pupil, music, orange, purple, etc.
- Three syllable words,
Banana, attention, bicycle, general, etc.
PRODUCTION OF MULTI – SYLLABIC WORDS –
1.Four Syllable Words
2. Five Syllable Words
FOUR SYLLABLE WORDS/QUADRISYLLABIC WORDS
FIVE SYLLABLE WORDS/PENTASYLLABIC WORDS
MAKING SIMPLE SENTENCES WITH 4 AND 5 SYLLABLE WORDS
COMPLETION OF 4 AND 5 SYLLABLE WORDS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains with example 4 and 5 syllable words.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively.
3. Leads pupils to give and pronounce 4 and 5 syllable words.
Pupil’s Activities – Produce 2 and 3 syllable words.
4. Identifies 4 and 5 syllable words in sentences.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify 4 and 5 syllable words in sentences.
5. Guides pupils to complete 4 and 5syllable words.
Pupil’s Activities – Complete 4 and 5 syllable words.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson –
Asks pupils to:
1. produce 4 and 5 syllable words.
2. identify 4 and 5 syllable words in sentences.
3. complete 4 and 5 syllable words.