COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY) BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
WEEK 9 PRIMARY 5
THEME: COMPUTER MOUSE
PREVIOUS LESSON – APPLICATION OF COMPUTER KEYBOARD – ENTER KEY (RETURN KEY ) AND CAP LOCK – PRIMARY 5
TOPIC: PARTS OF COMPUTER MOUSE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify identity the uses of parts of computer mouse.
The pupils are required to already have learned
application of computer keyboard.
Sections of computer keyboard –
function keys, arrow key, space bar, back space key, special characters, etc.
Application of Keyboard –
space bar, back space key and arrow keys, Enter key and cap lock, special character keys.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
complete functional computer systems.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Computer mouse is an input device used to control cursor movement, select text, icons, files and folders.
PARTS OF COMPUTER MOUSE
1. Left click – to position cursor on the screen.
2. Right click – to bring up other menu at the position of the cursor.
3. Scroll button – to scroll up and down.
4. Palm rest – is the hold.
5.Mouse pad (external) – is flat surface for placing and moving a mouse.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Allow the pupils to examine and move the computer mouse around the pad.
Pupil’s Activities – Examine and move the computer mouse around the pad.
3. Guides pupils to describe the uses computer mouse.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe the uses of computer mouse.
4. Guides pupils to identify and describe the parts of computer mouse.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify parts of computer mouse.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – application of computer mouse.
Pupils to –
identify the uses of the parts of mouse.