Last Updated on July 31, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION LINKS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS
TOPIC – RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS OF A HOME
- Responsibilities of Parents to their Children
- Responsibilities of Children to their Parents
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify responsibilities of parents to their children and wards.
- list the responsibilities of children to their parents.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Picture of family at home.
- Flip charts showing what children do to help their parents.
- A video clip showing parents helping their children.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – RESPONSIBILITIES OF PARENTS TO THEIR CHILDREN
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES/CLASSROOM NOTE 1 – WHAT ARE THINGS YOUR PARENTS DO FOR YOU AT HOME?
1. Providing food
2. Paying our school fee
3. Buying our school uniforms, books, etc.
Teacher’s remark – There are other responsibilities of parents to children. They are –
4. Giving children moral education
5. Giving children home training
6. Preparing children to be good citizen.
LESSON TWO – RESPONSIBILITIES OF CHILDREN TO THEIR CHILDREN
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES/CLASSROOM NOTE 2 – WHAT ARE THINGS YOU DO FOR YOUR PARENTS AT HOME?
1. Children must be obedient to their parents.
2. Children perform household chores such as washing of plates, and sweeping the house.
3. Older children look after their younger siblings, especially when the parents are busy or are not available.
4. They run errands for their parents.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Tell story on the importance of parents to children.
Pupil’s Activities – List to the teacher’s story.
3. Shows a video clip of the need for parents to take care of their children.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the responsibilities of parents and enumerate them.
4. Guides the pupils to list their responsibilities at home.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the responsibilities of children to parents.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention two (2) duties of parents to their children.
2. mention two (2) duties of children to their parents.