CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – PERFORMING ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – ROLE PLAY ACTING A ROLE IN A PLAY OR STORY
TOPIC – MEANING AND IMPORTANCE OF ROLE PLAY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- explain the meaning of roleplay.
- mention 2 importance of role play.
Imitating a person, their teacher.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of illustrations of characters in a story using charts, pictures, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – WHAT IS A ROLE PLAY?
A role play is the part (or character) you play in acting.
For example, the role of a father and mother or a grandfather and grandmother in a story.
Engage the pupils to identify the meaning of role play in the story.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – DISCUSS THE IMPORTANCE OF ROLEPLAY
- It helps us to be creative.
- It entertains us.
- It teaches us about our culture.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guide the pupils to identify the meaning of role play in a story.
- Pupil’s Activities – Explain what role plan is.
- Discusses the importance of role play.
- Pupil’s Activities – State the importance of role play.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision (Week 11) and Cultural and Creative Arts Second Term Examination (Week 12)
- identify and explain the meaning of role play (or character) in a story.
- mention 3 importance of role play.