RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – GREETINGS AND RESPECT
PREVIOUS LESSON – FORMS OF GREETINGS
TOPIC – THE IMPORTANCE OF GREETINGS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to recognize the importance of greeting.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures of the pupils or people who receive reward of their greetings.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – DEMONSTRATE VARIOUS WAYS OF GREETINGS IN OUR CULTURE
- In Yoruba
- In Hausa
- In Igbo
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – WHAT IS GREETING?
Greetings is a way of showing respect to people and appreciating them.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES – DISCUSS THE IMPORTANCE OF GREETINGS
- It is a way of showing respect to our elders.
- It helps us to start to discuss other things.
- It helps us to show love to one another.
- It helps us to be able to live together in peace.
- It helps to work together with one another.
- It helps us to make friends with one another.
- It shows that we honour and like other people.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads pupils to know the importance of greetings all over Nigeria.
- Pupil’s Activities – State the importance of greetings all over Nigeria.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention some of the importance of greeting in our community.
Find out why a greeting is very important.