Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING OF ENVIRONMENT
TOPIC – CLEAN ENVIRONMENT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- mention the type of environment we should keep clean.
- explain how to keep the environment clean.
Clean and dirty environment
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Picture of dirty environment
- Picture of Healthy and Unhealthy environment
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY CLEAN AND DIRTY ENVIRONMENT
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – HOW CAN WE KEEP DIRT ENVIRONMENT CLEAN
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – IDENTIFY DIFFERENT TYPES OF ENVIRONMENT WE SHOULD KEEP CLEAN
Dirty environment with –
- pieces of paper
- dry leaves
- empty tins and bottles
- broken bottles, plastics, chairs, etc.
Guide the pupils to identify types of environment we should keep clean.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 4 – DISCUSS THE MEANING OF CLEAN AND DIRTY ENVIRONMENT
Clean environment are beautiful and healthy environments.
Dirty environments are unhealthy environments.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to differentiate between clean and dirty environment.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify and differentiate between clean and dirty environment.
- Leads the pupils to state how to make dirty environment clean.
- Pupil’s Activities – State 3 ways to make dirty environment clean.
- Guide the pupils to identify types of environment we should keep clean.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Mention the types of environment to be kept clean.
- How the environment look s like.