RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Respect I – Meaning of Respect (Primary 1)
TOPIC – RESPECT
Ways of Showing Respects to People
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
demonstrate ways of respecting people.
Greetings and Respects
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts of children greeting elders in their localities.
Cartoons, textbook posters, video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Respect is how you feel about someone or how you treat people.
WAYS OF RESPECTING PEOPLE
2. Running errands
3. Standing when an important person enters, e.g. commissioner, president, traditional leaders, etc.
4. Be polite
5. Be thankful
6. Listen when elders are talking.
PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION ON HOW TO SHOW RESPECT TO PEOPLE
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates how they can show respect in their localities.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate how to respect people.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
demonstrate how to show respect to people.