THEME: FOOD AND NUTRITION
TOPIC: Shallow Frying Method of Frying Eggs
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Discuss the process of shallow frying method of eggs.
- fry eggs using shallow frying method.
The pupils are required to already learned shallow frying method of cooking eggs.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Charts showing the different cooking methods.
- Food ingredients for meal preparation.
- Cooking pot, stove, oven, frying pan, etc.
- Relevant books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PREPARING EGGS USING SHALLOW FRYING METHOD
Ingredients – eggs, pepper, tomatoes, onion, salt, sausage of meat.
- Wash and chopped the pepper, tomatoes and onion.
- Place the sauce pan on fire and add little vegetable oil.
- Add chopped pepper, tomatoes and onion.
- Allow to fry a little.
- Break the eggs and mix with salt
- Put the mixture on fire until it sets.
- Serve with yam, bread, plantain, jollof rice, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides discussion on shallow frying methods of cooking.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussions.
- Demonstrates shallow frying method of frying eggs.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice shallow frying method of frying egg.
- Supervises pupils practicals.
- Gives a board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – baking of sausage rolls.
Pupils to cook using shallow frying method of frying plantain.