Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: DRUG ABUSE
PREVIOUS LESSON – DRUG ABUSE – FACTORS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO DRUG ABUSE
TOPIC – PREVENTION OF DRUG ABUSE AND LIFE COPING SKILLS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. state 4 factors that contribute to drug abuse.
2. mention the effects of drug abuse on people.
3. explain the meaning of life coping skills.
4. Iist behaviours that promote physical well-being.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
chats or pictures and video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Social Studies Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Drug abuse is the wrong of drugs to get self drive.
Drugs used this ways are not prescribed by doctors, nurses or pharmacists.
To prevent a child from drugs abuse is to educate the child on sides effects of drugs abuse.
PREVENTION OF DRUG ABUSE (LIFE COPING SKILLS)
Life coping skills are program designed to provide the education and support necessary by diminish (or prevent) drug dependency in community, school and workplace.
Health Promotion Behaviour
1. Regular exercise
2. Discrimination among what to be consumed
3. Positive relations
4. Constructive play,
5. Keep drugs away from children, etc.
Non – Governmental Organization1. Religion Organization
3. Boys scout
4. Girls guide
5. Boys brigade
6. Red cross, etc.
1. Welfare Centres
2. Federal Ministry of Education (FME)
3. National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
4. National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
1. Concept of right and wrong
2. Importance of discipline
3. Receptiveness to criticism
5. Adhering to religion tents, etc.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 7 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the prevention of drug abuse and life coping skills;
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the prevention of drug abuse and life coping skills.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Assignment – Find out why they should avoid peer to avoid drug abuse.
1. explain the meaning of life coping skills.
2. Iist 4 behaviours that promote physical well-being.