Last Updated on August 29, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC: MODERN MEANS OF COMMUNICATION
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reading Comprehension
3. Skimming the Main Point
4. Different between the Theme and Subject Matter
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. Read the passage.
2. Skim for main points in passage.
3. Scan for specific information.
4. State/write the meaning of new words in the passage.
5. Answer questions on comprehension passage.
The pupils can listen or read a comprehension passage.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Chart showing modern means of transportation.
2. Textbook and dictionary.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
As approved in national curriculum – Recommended Reading Passages for Primary 1 – Primary Primary 6
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
1. Reading Comprehension – MODERN MEANS OF COMMUNICATION
Reference Textbook – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English Book 6, page 120 – Reading 1 & 2 and other relevant materials.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. Organize pupils to read the comprehension passage in individually or group.
2. Guides pupils to skim for main point of the passage.
Pupils’ activities – Read the passage to skim for main point.
3. Explains the passage by summarizing and highlight the main points.
Pupils’ activities – Listen to the summary the teacher gives; answer the question asked.
4. Distinguish the theme and subject matter of the passage (i.e. regard and concern for the interest of other).
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher and identify the different between theme and subject.
5. To boost the confidence and self-esteem, the teacher praises the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Be happy and grateful to your teacher.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Use the next lesson to as reading assignments for the pupils.
Ask pupils to answer questions as stated in the comprehension passage.