FIRST SECOND THIRD TERM
WEEK 1 2 3…..
PRIMARY 4 5 6
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. read the passage;
2. skim for the main points in passage;
3. scan for the specific information;
4. answer the questions.
The pupils can read and write.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course book
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A reading passage selected from the course book based on regard and concern for interest of others.
READING TO FIND THE MAIN POINTS
Note – For reading focus, let pupils read the passage first.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Allows pupils to first read the questions.
3. Reads the passage to the pupils.
4. Lets pupils read the passage individually or in group.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the summary the teacher gave.
5. Leads a discussion on the content of the passage.
Pupil’s Activities – Read the passage to skim for the main points.
4. Highlights the main points.
5. Distinguishes the theme/subject matter of the passage;
Pupil’s Activities – Answer the questions asked.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. read the passage correctly;
2. skim for the main points;
3. state the specific information in the passage.