Reasons for Bathing | Materials Needed for Bathing Primary 2/Basic 2 Term 2 Week 2 Home Economics
THEME – HEATHY LIVING
Healthy Living is the activities that makes healthy body and mind. When you healthy, it means you are not sick.
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Examination Home Economics Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – BATHING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Bathing
3. Materials Needed for Bathing.
4. Reasons for Washing the Body
5. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what bathing is.
2. mention materials needed for bathing.
3. state reasons for washing the body.
The pupils take their bath daily and can identify materials used for bathing.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Bucket of water, bowl, soap, sponge, towel, etc.
2. Relevant pictures and charts.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing a child that’s bathing for the pupils to identify the activity. Ask them if they have taken their bath today.
Pupil’s Responses – The child is bathing. Yes, I did.
Teacher’s remark – Bathing means to wash our body. It is very important to take our bath everyday for us to live healthy. Ask the pupils to state the materials needed for bathing. Note their points on the board.
MEANING OF BATHING
Bathing means to wash our body.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR BATHING
The materials needed for bathing are –
Ask the pupils to name 3 materials needed to washing our body.
Find out the reasons for talking our bath.
LESSON 2 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display two (2) charts or pictures showing –
- a child looking good and beautiful without skill diseases.
- a child looking dirty with skill diseases for the pupils to examine and discuss the content of the two (2) charts or pictures.
Pupil’s Activities – This child is looking good while the other is dirty.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to their discussions and responses. Ask them, how many of you want to look like this? Guides pupils to discuss the reasons for washing our body and write on the board.
REASONS FOR WASHING THE BODY
The reasons why should take our bath daily and regular are –
1. To look good and beautiful.
2. To maintain beautiful skin.
3. To prevent body odour.
4. To stay healthy.
5. To prevent skin diseases.
Ask the pupils to state 3 reasons for washing our body daily and regularly.
Find out the step in taking a bath.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to name materials needed for bathing.
Pupil’s Responses – State the materials for bathing.
3. Discusses reasons for bathing and when to bath.
Pupil’s Activities – State the reasons for bathing and when to bath.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Steps in Taking a Bath Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Home Economics
Ask pupils to:
1. give two reasons for taking bath.
2. name 3 materials needed for washing your body.
1. _____________ means to wash our body.
2. Bathing makes us look good and _____________.
3. Bathing is one of the reasons we stay healthy.
4. Bathing prevents body _____________.
5. Bathing prevent skin _____________.
6. Water, soap and _____________ are needed washing our body.
7. We need to wash our body daily and _____________.
8. Bathing means to wash our _____________.
9. _____________ is one of the COVID 19 rules.
A. Washing of hands
B. Washing of teeth
C. Washing of mouth
10. What is bathing?
A. Bathing is washing of our hands.
B. Bathing is washing of our legs.
C. Bathing is washing of our body.