RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: RESOURCES PRESERVATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Causes of Poor Saving | Reasons for Saving Primary 5 (Basic 5) Term 2 Week 4 Social Studies
TOPIC: RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
2. Meaning of Resource Development (Capital)
3. Ways of Rising Capital or Fund
4. Uses of Fund or Capital
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning capital.
2. describe how we can raise funds by individuals, groups and government.
3. mention the things which show that we need money.
4. state the uses of capital or fund.
The pupils can state the the reasons why people save and other don’t.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart of government and individuals projects and money.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Resource development is the gradual growth of new or existing resources to create new resources or expand the existing ones.
There are different reasons why people, organisations and government want to create new resources or expand the existing ones.
Creating new resources or expanding the existing one requires a lot of capital depends on the size of the resources.
MEANING OF CAPITAL
Capital is the money that people used to start new or expand expand existing business.
Starting a new business or expanding an existing business is one of the reasons why people save money.
WAYS/SOURCE OF RAISING FUNDS BY THE GOVERNMENT
The following are ways of raising funds or capitals by the government –
7. Selling of government properties
8. Existing government enterprises
LESSON 2 – WAYS/SOURCE OF RAISING FUNDS BY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS
The ways of raising funds or capitals by an individual or group are –
2. Loans from the banks, friends and family
4. Friends and family
9. Selling of properties
10. Existing businesses, etc.
LESSON 3 – WHAT ARE THE USES OF FUNDS?
The uses of capital are –
1. It is used for exchange
2. It is used establishing business
3. It is used for financing projects
4. It is used for grants and donations.
5. It is used for foreign exchange.
REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays cash up ₦20,000 (if available) or chart showing a lot of money in a suitcase.
3. Lets pupils count the money in group or pair (if available), ask them to state and discuss the uses of money.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of money (capital).
4. Pays attention to the pupil’s discussion until they are close to key word – business.
5. Uses pupil’s responses to the introduce the lesson – resource development (capital).
6. Tells pupils, money in business is called capital or fund.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the lesson introduction to understand what money means in business.
7. Leads a discussion on the meaning of resource development (capital).
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the meaning of money as one the resource development.
8. Helps pupils to identify various ways of sourcing for capital either by individuals, organisations or government.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify various ways of raising capital starting a new business or and expanding existing business.
9. Summarizes each lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the summary of the lesson and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – resources distribution.
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning capital.
2. state 5 ways of raising capital by individuals or organisations.
3. mention 5 ways of raising capital by individuals or organisations.
4. list 5 uses of capital.