NURSERY 1 – Age 3
THEME – SOCIAL HABITS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Five Magic Words (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
TOPIC – RESPECT FOR ELDER AND OTHERS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Respect for Elders and Other
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. smile and learn.
2. show respect to the elders and others.
Good morning, ma/sir
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Greetings and Response
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Teach the children various ways to show respect for elder –
WAYS TO SHOW RESPECT FOR ELDERS
2. Running errands
3. Standing when an important person enters, e.g. commissioner, president, traditional leaders, etc.
4. Be polite
5. Be thankful
6. Listen when elders are talking.
DEMONSTRATION ON RESPECT FOR ELDERS AND OTHERS – PARENTS, OLDER SIBLINGS, AND NEIGHBOURS
- Demonstrate how show respect to their parents, older siblings and neighbours.
VARIOUS ACT THAT CONSTITUTE RESPECTS FOR ELDERS
Discuss the following with the children –
SING A SONG ON RESPECT
- Teach the children songs or poems on respect.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. States ways to show respect for elders.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention ways to show respect for elders.
3. Asks pupils how show respect to their parents, older siblings and neighbours.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate how to show respect to their parents, older siblings and neighbours.
4. Discuss various act that Constitute respect for elders.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention various act that Constitute respect for elders.
5. Sings a song on respect.
Pupil’s Activities – Sing a song on respect.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
show respect to the elders and others.