Pupil’s Exercises/Assignments – keep on engaging the pupils in the same units.
LESSON TWO – NAIRA AND KOBO
Teacher’s comments – Naira is the not the only Nigerian currency. Kobo is parts of our currencies. We spend both Naira and Kobo. Two 50 Kobo (2 x 50 kobo) gives us ₦1.
Pupil’s Activities – Addition and Subtraction of Naira and Kobo (100 kobo or two 50 kobo = ₦1)
1. Add two 50 kobo and two ₦10
2. What is two ₦10 minus two ₦2?
3. What is five 1 kobo plus hundred 1 kobo?
1. Two 50 kobo + two ₦10
= 50 kobo + 50 kobo + ₦10 + ₦10
= 100 kobo + ₦20
= ₦1 + ₦20
2. Two ₦10 – two ₦2
= ₦10 + ₦10 – (₦2 + ₦2 = ₦4)
= ₦20 – ₦4
3. five 1 kobo + hundred 1 kobo?
= 5 kobo + 100 kobo
= 5 kobo + ₦1
= ₦1 50 kobo or ₦1.5
Pupil’s Exercises/Assignments – keep on engaging the pupils in the same addition and subtraction.
LESSON THERE – MULTIPLICATION OF NAIRA AND KOBO
LESSON FOUR – DIVISION OF NAIRA AND KOBO
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to realize that there are five 1k coins in a 5k coin, two 5k coins in a 10k coin, five 10k coins in a 50k coin etc.
3. Gives pupils say 50k and ask them to change it into 10k coins etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the changing of money into smaller units not exceeding ₦20.
4. Sets up a shopping corner in the classroom with items such as empty packets of sunlight, tins of titus, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Collect items to be kept in the shopping corner.
5. Appoints a pupil as shop keeper and another as customer. The customer goes to the shop keeper to buy some items, adds up the cost and gives the shop keeper an amount which may require change; money involved should not be greater than ₦20.
Pupil’s Activities – Act as a shop keeper or as a customer.
6. Guides pupils to solve problems on addition and subtraction of money not greater than ₦20.
7. Do mental skills with respect to multiplication of simple numbers e.g. 2 × 2, 5 × 2, 3 × 4, 4 × 4 etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Respond to mental skill on multiplications of given numbers.
8. Guides discussions on problems involving multiplication of money with product not exceeding ₦20 e.g. 12k × 3 = 36k and ₦4 × 4 = ₦16.
Pupil’s Activities – solve given problems on multiplication involving money with products not exceeding ₦20 to pupils to solve.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. say how many of a smaller denominations are contained in a bigger denomination such as ₦20.
2. do given exercises on addition and subtraction of money.
3. solve given problems on multiplication involving money with products not exceeding ₦20 to pupils to solve.
Welcome! We believe teachers inspire our future. CRN (ClassRoomNotes) is a website FOR TEACHERS BY TEACHERS, and we aim to continuously inform and encourage teaching! All materials are subject to TERMLY review. Eko Quizzes Now available at ekoquiz.com.