Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ENGLISH STUDIES – GRAMMAR
TOPIC: Writing the Opposite of the Underlines Words
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to write words that are opposite in meanings to the words underlined/bold.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Write words that are opposite in meanings to the words underlined/bold.
- Everybody is a friend of the poor.
- Crystals are very bright.
- My application was accepted.
- He is brave.
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English
Page 56 E
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to state the opposite of some words – opposite of man, up, black, etc.
- Pupil’s Activities – State the opposite of man, up, black, etc.
- Leads them to identify the underlines word and give their opposites.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify and give the opposite to the underline word.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to write the opposite of the Underlines word.