Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: FOOD AND NUTRITION
TOPIC: Baking Method of Baking Sausage Rolling
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Discuss the process of baking method of baking sausage rolls.
- baking sausage rolls using baking method.
The pupils are required to already learned shallow frying method of cooking eggs.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Charts showing the different cooking methods.
- Food ingredients for meal preparation.
- Cooking pot, stove, oven, frying pan, etc.
- Relevant books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PREPARING BAKING SAUSAGE ROLLS USING BAKING METHOD
Ingredients – flour, margarine, water, slat, sausage meat.
- Clean baking tray and grease lightly.
- Measure all ingredients and keep separately.
- Put flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add salt to the flour.
- Rub the fat to the flour.
- Mix to pastry
- Sprinkle floor lightly on the table.
- Knead the pastry to get it smooth.
- Shape into oblong and roll it.
- Cut into equal pieces.
- Place equal quantities of sausage meat on each piece.
- Wet the edges of pastry and roll it over the sausage.
- Place the roll on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and tray.
- Serve hot or cool with soft drink or water.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides discussion on baking methods of cooking.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussions.
- Demonstrates baking method of baking sausage rolls.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice baking method of baking sausage rolls.
- Supervises pupils practicals.
- Gives a board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – revision and examination.
Pupils to cook using baking method of baking sausage rolls.