JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – BASIC 8 (JSS 2)
Answer all the Questions in this section.
1. ____________________ is having a sense of strong moral standard about life and situations.
2. A crime in which involves threat to one’s life but without carrying out the threat is called ____________________.
3. One of these is not an attribute of discipline.
(a) Self control
4. These are types of courage except ____________________.
5. The Nigerian national flag was designed in the year ____________________.
6. The rule of law was written in the year ____________________.
7. ____________________ Formulated and propounded the theory of the rule of law.
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) Barrack Obama
(c) Sir Lord Luggard
(d) Professor A.V Dicey
8. Ancient democracy takes its root from ____________________.
9. A system of government in which powers are shared between the central government and component states is referred to as ____________________ government.
10. An accused is presumed ____________________ until proven ____________________ by a court of law.
(b) innocent/not guilty
(c) not guilty/innocent
11. ____________________ designed the Nigerian flag.
12. The tiers of government in Nigeria are ____________________ and ____________________.
13. Members of the armed forces comprise of ____________________, ____________________ and ____________________.
14. The last hope of the common man in Nigeria is the ____________________.
15. The organs of government in Nigeria are ____________________, ____________________ and ____________________.
16. A punishable offence whereby some individuals try to overthrow a legitimate government is called ____________________.
17. The act of threatening an individual without carrying out the action is called ____________________.
18. A non citizen is also referred to as ____________________.
19. Somebody who verbally accuses another falsely is liable to a crime called ____________________.
20. Nigeria is in the ____________________ African Sub Region while ____________________ is the largest continent in the universe.
THEORY – Answer Four (4) Questions in this section.
a. Define the term citizenship.
b. In what four ways can one acquire the status of a citizen?
a. What is rule of law?
b. Highlight and explain the principles of the rule of law.
a. Why is Nigeria a federation?
b. In a tabular format, highlight the differences between the levels and arms of government.
a. Write on the following as punishable offences and punishment for breaking the law –
(iv) money laundering
b. Define Democracy and list eight human rights.
a. what are punishable offences?
b. State eight of (5a) above.
c. What are pillars of democracy? Write on any five pillars of democracy.