SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – SS 1
SECTION A – Answer All Questions.
1. HIV/AIDS was first diagnosed in __________________.
2. Somebody from Finland is a __________________.
3. Citizenship education is derived from civic __________________.
4. Types of values include all but one of the following.
5. __________________ is a situation of putting oneself in another’s position, but cannot really help the situation.
6. Acceptable societal values may include all but one of the following;
7. HIV/AIDS can be spread through the following ways except __________________.
(a) blood transfusion
(b) breast feeding
(c) unsterilized sharp objects
(d) sleeping with an infected person
8. The right of an individual to vote during elections is called __________________.
9. In Nigeria, the minorities are protected through these means except __________________.
(a) creation of states
(b) establishment of federal character
(c) unequal justice for all
(d) rotational leadership
10. The lower chamber of Nigeria’s National Assembly has __________________ members.
11. __________________ is the nearest tier of government to the people.
12. The security outfit unanimously established by the governments of the south western states in Nigeria is called __________________.
13. Institutions that act as the backbone of a country’s democracy are called __________________.
14. The organ of government whose statutory duty is to implement the laws of a state is ____________________________________.
15. The capital cities of Niger and Chad Republics are __________________ and __________________ respectively.
16. S.O.P is __________________.
17. __________________ organ of government has the power to issue pardon.
18. Cult activities began in __________________ In the year __________________.
19. An organized group of men and women who have similar ideologies, and come together with the aim of contesting elections so as to rule a country is called __________________.
20. In the prison system, ATM and ATF stand for __________________ and __________________.
THEORY- Answer Four (4) Questions Only.
Question Five is Compulsory.
a. What are values?
b. Why are values important to the society?
c. In terms of their functions, state two differences between the tiers and organs of government.
a. Define pillars of democracy.
b. List and explain three major pillars of democracy.
c. State three problems of the Judiciary in Nigeria.
d. State the hierarchy of courts in Nigeria.
a. What is separation of powers?
b. State the principles of the rule of law.
c. Differentiate between separation of powers and rule of law.
a. What are acceptable societal expectations?
b. Write and explain four acceptable societal expectations.
c. What is maximum liberty? Is maximum liberty possible? Explain.
a. Define the term ‘cultism’ and trace the history of cultism in Nigeria.
b. What five reasons are adduced for joining a cult group?
c. State the capital cities of the following countries;
d. State the countries whose capitals are highlighted below;