SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL SS 3
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. An electronic device that can accept data,process data and give information as output is called _____________________.
2. The person regarded as the modern father of computer is _____________________.
[a] Blaise pascal
[b] samule morland
[c] Charles babbage
[d] Joseph jacquard
3. Which of the following is not a source of data collection?
4. A field in a database table is also known as _____________________.
5. The type of data entered into a table in database follow a set of rules known as _____________________.
6. Social networking does not promote _____________________.
[a] personal publicity
[b] business expansion
[c] e – commerce
[d] e – payment
7. Which of the following is not a computer professional bodies in Nigeria?
[a] Nigeria computer society (NCS)
[b] Nigeria internet group ( NIG )
[c] Nigeria Labour computer ( NLC )
[d] IT industry association of Nig (ITAN)
8. A program developed to protect the computer from malicious software is referred to as _____________________.
[c] anti virus
9. In a relational database management system, files are organized as relations and _____________________.
10. Which of the following is an alphabetic data?
[c] AB + CD
11. Which of the following is not used for online shopping _____________________.
[a] Master card
[b] Credit card
[c] Verve card
[d] Sim card
12. In Database management system (DBMS), Linking entities is used to represent ?
13. An operating system will perform the following except _____________________ .
[a] files and folders management
[b] storage locations
[c] User profile creation
[d] protection from surge
14. Which of the following is not an ancient medium for transmitting information?
[a] fire lighting
[b] beating of drums
15. Which of the following are parts of a computer processor?
[a] CPU and main memory
[b] Control unit and ALU
[c] Operating system and application
[d] main memory and storage
16. Safety measures to be observed when using the computer include all of the following except _____________________ .
[a] Use of antiglare protector
[b] Sitting posture
[c] maintaining a dust free environment
[d] dropping liquids in the computer room.
17. Which of the following is used to retrieve specific information from database tables?
18. Magazines and brochures can be produced using a _____________________ .
[a] data processing software
[b] graphics software
[c] presentation software
[d] web authoring software
19. The following are advantages of networking except _____________________ .
[b] sharing of resources
[d] back up
20. Extracting information in Database Management System ( DBMS ) involves _____________________.
[d] cross referencing
21. The following are advantages of a database management except _____________________ .
[a] restriction of unautorised access to data
[b] compromise of data integrity
[c] provision of multiple interfaces to different classes of users
[d] provision of backup and recovery.
22. Which of the following is not considered when classifying computers _____________________.
23. The socket into which computer peripherals are plugged is known as _____________________.
[c] wall socket
[d] mother board
24. Computer system is applicable in the school system for the following except _____________________.
[a] employment of artisans
[b] typing of question papers
[c] recording of attendance and marks
[d] preparation of scores sheet
25. ldentify an operating system from the following software
[b] MS one note
[c] MS Access
26. While typing a series of letters were highlighted and the keyboard combination “Ctrl + B“ was executed. The highlighted letters would be _____________________ .
27. Microprocessors was used as the main electronic component of the _____________________.
[a] 1st generation
[b] 3rd generation
[c] 2nd generation
[d] 4th generation
28. The ICT applicaion which helps to resolve road congestion at junctions is _____________________ .
[a] automatic teller machine
[b] automatic traffic marshal
[c] street light
[d] traffic light
29. _____________________ allows users to create websites and blogs and customize them with their own text, photos and movies.
[a] google maps
[b] web plus
30. Which of the following is true about digital computers?
[a] they consist of magnetic core memory
[b] they are mainly used for scientific purposes
[c] they represent numbers through a string of binary digits .
[d] they recognize data as a continuous measurement of physical quantity.
31. Companies that provide internet access are referred to as _____________________ .
[a] fixed network operators
[b] network service providers
[c] internet service providers
[d] internet network operators
32. Which of the following is a secondary storage device?
[b] bubble memory
[c] floopy disk
33. The advantages of electronic data processing including the following except _____________________.
[a] automatic processing
[c] fast and reliable processing
[d] storage capacity
34. The exchange of information over a network follows a set of rules called _____________________ .
[a] tranmissions rules
[b] transfer rules
35. A search engine is a _____________________ .
[a] program that searches engines
[b] hardware component of a computer
[c] computer engine that searches a database
[d] tool that searches the web
36. The _____________________ is a collection of web pages, just like a book with multiple pages.
37. In graphic packages, the process of removing unwanted part of an image is known as _____________________ .
38. Routine checks operations on computers in order to ensure its continued functioning is known as computer _____________________.
39. You have opened your account on Gmail with Rocky as user name, your mail address would be _____________________.
[a] [email protected]
[b] [email protected]
[c] [email protected]
40. Relationships between tables in a relational model are created by _____________________ .
[a] foreign keys
[c] composite key
[d] candidate keys
41. The process in which a relation is broken into smaller relations called _____________________ .
[d] middle ware
42. Which generation of computers made use of integrated circuits?
43. The process of backing up, refers to the copying and archiving of computer data so it may be used to restore the original after a data loss event is called _____________________ .
[a] control access
[b] back ups
[c] security files
[c] application security
44. Computer virus cannot be transmitted by _____________________ .
[a] downloading files
[b] E – mail attachment
[c] Pen drives
[d] typing of keyboard
45. The moral principles that regulate the use of computers , its accessories and environment are called _____________________ .
46. A computer professional who studies an existing system with the a view to evolving a computer – based system from it is _____________________ .
[a] system analyst
[b] system administrator
[c] computer programmer
[d] computer engineer
47. Data processed into its useful form is referred to as _____________________ .
[a] unique data
[b] raw data
48. A _____________________ is a collection of data, usually stored disk.
49. In word processing applications, the symbols B, I and U are commonly used button found on the _____________________ .
[a] standard toolbar
[b] menu bar
[c] formatting toolbar
[d] drawing toolbar
50. _____________________ is the use of software, hardware, and procedural methods to protect applications from external threats .
[a] data security
[b] application security
[c] data management
[d] applications files
Attempt any five questions in this section.
a. What is a Computer?
b. Define computer software and hardware; Give examples.
c. Name 8 places where computer can be used
d. What are the benefits of a computer?
a. Differentiate Data security and database security.
b. State the importance of data security.
c. List 5 roles of a data base administrators.
d. Define Encryption.
a. Who is a computer professional?
b. List four computer professional and explain their duties.
c. State four qualities of computer professional.
d. Mention 5 professional bodies.
a. Define the following:
ii. Database management.
b. State 5 examples of DBMS
c. List 3 uses of database management system.
d. What is microsoft access?
a. Define the term computer virus.
b. List five examples of computer virus.
c. State four sources through which a computer can be infected with a virus .
d. Mention 4 ways we can prevent computer from virus.
a. Define Networking.
b. Discuss three types of network .
c. What is the difference between internet and intranet?
d. List 5 resources shared on the network .
a. Explain Crash recovery.
b. Differentiate between media recovery and check pointing .
c. List step to clean DVD drive lens .
d. State the concepts of ARIES in crash recovery.
a. Define internet.
b. List six internet browsers
c. State three benefits and three abuses of internet.
d. Explain the following terms:
i. Cyber space
ii. Electronic mail
iv. Internet service provider