Uses of Grain Crops Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Agriculture
THEME – PROCESSES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Grain Crops | Examples of Local Grain Crops Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Agriculture
TOPIC – GRAIN CROPS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Grain Crops
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state some uses of grain crops.
The pupils can identify uses of grain crops.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of sample of grain crop products.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Based on the previous assignment, ask the pupils to state the uses of grain crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Quick response to teacher’s question.
Teacher’s remark – Grain crops can for used for human and animal foods and other general purposes. A great cheer for active participation.
Copy as l write on the board.
USES OF GRAIN CROPS
Grain Crops are used for/as
1. Human foods and drinks.
For making pap, bread, kunu, snacks, etc.
2. Animal food
3. Flour for making bread, biscuits, etc.
4. Making cooking oil – soybean oil
5. Source of carbohydrates
6. Cosmetic and wine – wheat
7. Raw materials for the industries
8. Source of income, etc.
LESSON 2 – LOCAL USES OF GRAIN CROPS
Discuss local uses of common grain crops such as
1. For making pap.
2. For making bread.
3. For making local drink – kunu, sobo, etc.
4. For making snack.
REVISION AND WORKBOOK ASSESSMENT
As stated in the performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the discussion on the uses of grain crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in the class discussion.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Meaning of Tuber Crops | Examples of Tuber Crops | Classification of Tuber Crops Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Agriculture
Ask pupils to state 5 uses of grain crops.
ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. ____________ is used for making moi moi.
2. ____________ is used for making pap.
3. ____________ is used for making bread.
4. ____________ is used for making puff corn.
Write 6 uses of grain crops.