JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – BASIC 9 (JSS 3)
Answer all the Questions in this section.
1. One of these is not a stage in man’s evolutionary concept.
(a) Homo sapiens
(b) Homo habilis
(c) Homo sabi
(d) Homo erectus
2. Africans belong to a race called __________________.
3. __________________ is not a factor responsible for human trafficking.
(d) urban life
4. Harmful traditional practices include all but one of the following.
(a) Late marriages
(b) Tribal marks
5. __________________ is the process of providing appropriate solutions to most situations in life.
(a) Decision allowance
(b) Decision buying
(c) Decision taking
(d) Decision making
6. The total number of persons living in a country at a particular period of time is called __________________.
7. A technique used in measuring goals is termed __________________.
8. Ape-man could also be referred to as __________________.
(a) Homo sapien
(b) Homo erectus
(c) Homo sabi
(d) Homo habilis
9. OFN stands for ____________________________________
(a) Open for Nigeria
(b) Operation for Nigeria
(c) Obasanjo farm of Nigeria
(d) Operation feed the Nation
10. __________________ type of marriage takes place in the court.
11. The acronyms HTP and FLE represents __________________ And __________________.
12. The Head of the Roman Catholic church world wide is __________________.
13. The process of bringing conflicts to an end is termed __________________.
14. The absence of war is simply referred to as __________________.
15. The recent coroner virus emanated from the country __________________.
16. __________________ has his picture inscribed on the Nigerian ten naira note.
17. The northern and southern protectorates were amalgamated by __________________ in the year __________________ and the name, Nigeria was given by __________________.
18. __________________ translated the Holy Bible from English into Yoruba language.
19. ATM means ______________________________________________.
20. POS also means ____________________________________________.
THEORY – Answer Four (4) Questions.
a. What is evolution as defined by Charles Darwin?
b. Explain the three stages of evolution.
c. What do you understand by the term ‘fossils’.
a. What is conflict?
b. State and explain the types of conflict.
c. What are five probable causes of conflict?
a. Define the term ‘self esteem’.
b. What are the types of self esteem.
c. In what five ways can one improve his/her self esteem?
a. Write about the concept, ‘Cultism’.
b. Give five reasons as to why people join cult groups in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
c. Are there any consequence (s) of cultism? React.
a. What is family life education?
b. Differentiate between privatization and commercialization.
b. Why is a goal different from decision making?
c. While defining marriage, list and explain the types and conditions of marriage.
a. Define religion.
b. State the five pillars of Islam.