CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
choose the one word that cannot be formed by the combination of some or all the letters of the given word:
3. Cunning and fox; Slippery and ______________
4. Nose and smell; Tongue and ______________
5. ( Vessel; less ), ( ballot ; toll ), ( arsenal ; ______________ )
Choose from the list of words the one which has almost the same meaning as the word in capital letter:
Choose the correct letter from the given alternatives to end the first word and at the same time begin the second word:
8. C r a ( ) e s t
9. D e a ( ) e a d
Choose from the list of words the one which is opposite in meaning to the word:
Read the following sentences carefully and decide how true they are. Circle:
A. If a sentence is always true.
B. If a sentence is often but not always true.
C. If a sentence is never true.
D. If it is impossible to say how true a sentence.
Use the above to answer questions 12 -15.
12. The earth has only one moon.
13. Tall people are very gentle.
14. A centurarian is someone that is 100 years old.
15. What a man can do a woman can do?
Answer all the questions in this section.
1. Give the plural of each of the following:
a. Thief ________________________________
b. Family ________________________________
c. Watch ________________________________
d. Key ________________________________
e. Church ________________________________
2. What are the following called?
I. A group of soldiers ________________________________
II. The head of a country ________________________________
III. The sound made by a great ________________________________
IV. A place where animals are slaughtered for the market ________________________________
V. The month after November ________________________________
3. Use each of the words in capital letters to form another word which means the phase or sentence written in its font:
a. TABLE: a sound made by a sheep ________________________________
b. BRAKE: a person who bakes bread and cakes ________________________________
c. SOWER: the comparative of Bad ________________________________
d. SHORE: a large animal with four legs ________________________________
e. Range: to make anger ________________________________
4. Starting with the smallest , arrange the following words of size, importance or value, Arranging in ascending order:
a. birth, adult, pregnancy, child, youth ________________________________
b. Day, year, decade, month, week ________________________________
c. Primary, creche, secondary, nursery, university ________________________________
d. April, June, July, May, August ________________________________
e. Goat Cat, Rat, Elephant Lion ________________________________
5. Pair the objects lettered A to E with the people numbered I – V correctly:
I. Image II. Novel III. Book IV. Shoe V. Food
a. Cook ________________________________
b. Author ________________________________
c. Cobbler ________________________________
d. Novelist ________________________________
e. Sculptor ________________________________