Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Exploration of the Files on the System from Desktop (Primary 5)
TOPIC: SHUTTING DOWN COMPUTER
1. Meaning of Shutting Down Computer System
2. Shutting Down Window 7
3. Shutting Down Window 10
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Close all opened windows.
2. Shut down the computer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
SHUTTING DOWN COMPUTER
Shutting down a computer closes all of the programs that are open and exits the operating system safely.
STEPS FOR SHUTTING DOWN COMPUTER
SHUTDOWN WINDOW 7 IN THE START MENU
Step 1 – Click Start
Step 2 – Click the Shut down button.
LESSON TWO – SHUTDOWN WINDOW 10 IN THE START MENU
Step 1 – Click the Start Button, the Start Menu opens
Step – In the Start Menu, click Power, then click Shut down
LESSON THREE – WEEKLY ASSESSMENTS
As stated in performance objectives or demonstrated by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions.
2. Guides and demonstrates steps for shutting down computer;
Pupil’s Activities – Shut down computer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Discuss the steps for shutting down computer.
2. Shut down computer.