Skin Infections and Diseases | Prevention and Care of Skin Infections Primary 3 (Basic 3) Home Economics
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care of the Skin | Articles for Skin Care | Methods for Skin Care Primary 3 (Basic 3)
TOPIC – CARE OF THE SKIN
1. Introductory Activities
2. Skin Infections and Diseases
3. Prevention and Care of Skin Infections
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention different skin infections and diseases.
2. state ways of preventing skin infections and diseases.
The pupils can demonstrate how to take care of the skin.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Chart showing skin care articles.
2. Real objects e.g. soap, powder, perfume, deodorants, hena, camwood.
3. Pictures of skin infections/diseases.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display charts showing different types of skin infections for the pupils to identify and guide them to describe.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
Teacher’s remark – Give a great cheer for active participation and note the skin infections and diseases as identified and discuss.
Copy as I write on the board.
SKIN INFECTIONS AND DISEASE
Common skin infections and diseases are –
3. Athletes foot
4. Razor Bumps
LESSON 2 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Ask the pupils how to prevent some common skin infections and diseases.
Pupil’s Activities – Taking bath regularly, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Give a great cheer for quick response and note the pupils points on the board.
Copy as I write on the board.
PREVENTION AND CARE OF THE SKIN INFECTIONS
1. Bathing with clean water.
2. Eating balanced diet.
3. Wearing clean clothes.
4. Avoid sharing body articles like towel,sponge, comb, etc.
5. Avoid playing with dirty water.
6. Use appropriate skin cream.
7. Regular exercise.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss skin infections and disease and how to prevent them.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain how to prevent skin infections and diseases.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Uses of Clothes | Care of Clothes Primary 3 (Basic 3)
Ask pupils to:
1. mention 3 skin infections and diseases.
2. state 3 ways of preventing skin infections and diseases.