Last Updated on January 24, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care of the Hair – Types of Hair Infection | Effects of Sharing Unsterilized Instruments when Barbing Hair Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Home Economics
TOPIC – CARE OF THE SKIN
1. Introductory Activities
2. Different Kinds of Skin
3. Articles for Skin Care and Proper use of Skin Materials
4. Methods for Skin Care
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention different skin types.
2. list articles for skin care.
3. practice proper use of soap, cream, powder and perfumes on body.
The pupils can touch their skin.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Chart showing skin care articles.
2. Real objects e.g. soap, powder, perfume, deodorants, hena, camwood.
3. Pictures of skin infections/diseases.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Ask the pupils to touch their skin.
Pupil’s Activities – This is my skin.
Teacher’s remark – There are types of skin – dry skin, oily skin, etc.. A great cheer for response to question. Discuss types of skin and ask them to state materials used for skin care.
Copy as I write on the board.
TYPES OF SKIN
1. Dry skin
2. Normal skin
3. Oily skin
4. Sensitive skin
ARTICLES FOR SKIN CARE
LESSON 2 – METHODS OF SKIN CARE
1. Wash your body regularly.
2. Sleep well.
3. Exercise your body.
4. Eat good food.
5. Drink enough water.
6. Take good fruits.
7. Wear appropriate clothes.
8. Use appropriate cream or pomade, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss types of skin.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
3. Displays articles for skin care.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention articles for skin care.
4. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Discusses different methods of skin care.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. mention two types of skin.
2. state five articles for skin care.
3. discuss proper skin care methods.