THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Phonemic Awareness – Songs and Rhymes (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SONGS AND RHYMES
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. listen to songs and rhymes attentively.
2. sing songs taught and
3. recite rhymes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Picture books with rhymes and songs
3. Flash cards
4. Tape recorder.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOCUS ACTIVITIES – SONGS AND RHYMES
Clear recitation of various rhymes depicting nature, care, kindness and love.
Short songs which appeal to children’s sentiment.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Presents a rhyme, reads it aloud, pronouncing the words clearly.
3. Writes the rhyme on the chalk board and encourages pupils to recite the rhyme clearly.
4. Introduces song by singing it clearly and encourages pupils to sing the song.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. listen to rhymes attentively and
2. recite rhymes and sing songs with demonstration where appropriate.