Last Updated on November 11, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Articles (Materials) for Cleaning Rooms and Home Cleaning Agents (Primary 3)
TOPIC – CARE OF ROOMS IN THE HOUSE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Preparation of Home Made Cleaning Agents
3. Steps in Cleaning Sitting Rooms
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. prepare and produce home made cleaning agents.
2. state the steps in cleaning sitting rooms.
Eggshell, salt, detergent, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Materials used for producing home cleaning agents.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Guide the pupils to discuss how to clean a sitting room.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in class discussion.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils and give a cheer for active class discussion. Note their points on the board, provide materials for producing home made cleaning agents like Vim and give the pupils the instructions for the production.
STEPS IN CLEANING SITTING ROOMS
1. Open doors and windows in the sitting room.
2. Take out or lift light furniture, etc.
3. Remove the cobweb.
4. Sweep the sitting room after the removal of cobwebs.
5. Dust furniture, equipment and materials.
6. Leave the room clean and tidy after work.
MATERIALS USED FOR PRODUCING HOME CLEANING AGENTS
Materials needed for making home made cleaning agents are –
- One of the following – Eggshell, Sail shell, Fine sand or Broken China ware
- Grind the egg shell and piece of China ware into fine powder.
- Sift the mixture to smooth powder.
- Mix the powder thoroughly with detergent powder.
- Store in a covered container.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss and demonstrates the steps for cleaning a room.
Pupil’s Activities – Clean their class rooms.
3. Discusses how to produce cleaning agents with raw materials present and label them.
Pupil’s Activities – Helping teacher to produce cleaning agents from raw materials provided.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 5 steps in cleaning a sitting room.
2. produce cleaning agents, label and store for use.