Last Updated on November 11, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – House Care – Daily Need for Daily Cleaning and Steps of Cleaning Rooms. (Primary 3)
TOPIC – CARE OF ROOMS IN THE HOUSE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Materials for Home Cleaning
3. Cleaning Agents
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify materials for cleaning.
2. state the uses each material.
3. identify and state home made cleaning agents.
Cleaning Materials – Brooms, brush, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing different parts of rooms in the house and room’s cleaning materials
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays samples or chart showing different materials used for house care for the pupils to identify and state the uses of each material.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state the uses of different articles for house cleaning.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils and give a cheer for quick respond to questions and class participation. Note their points on the board.
ARTICLES FOR CLEANING ROOMS
1. Grind egg shells
2. Grind snail shells
5. Vim (scouring powder)
7. Bar soap
8. Wood ash
9. Candle wax
11. Air freshener (optional)
15. Long brushes and brooms
16. Native chalk
17. Empty bottles
1. Home made Vim
3. Fine sand
5. Grinded sail shell or eggshell, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists materials for cleaning: broom (long and short broom), brushes, mop, cloth/dusters.
Pupil’s Activities – Bring raw materials for making cleaning agents.
3. Discusses steps for cleaning rooms.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
4. Demonstrates the steps for cleaning a room.
Pupil’s Activities – Clean their class rooms.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 10 materials for cleaning rooms.
2. state 5 cleaning agents.