Last Updated on November 11, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Types of Footwear – Importance of Footwear (Primary 6)
TOPIC – CARE OF ROOMS IN THE HOUSE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Needs for Daily Cleaning
3. Advantages of Daily Cleaning
4. Steps of Cleaning Rooms
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain needs for daily cleaning.
2. state the advantages of daily cleaning.
3. state steps for room cleaning.
Different Rooms in the Home
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing different parts of rooms in the house and room’s cleaning materials
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart showing different parts of a home for pupils to identify and lead discussion on the importance of house care.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different of the house and participate in the discussion.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils and give a cheer for quick respond to questions and class participation. Discuss the daily needs and step for house cleaning.
MEANING OF HOME
Home is a house or apartment where people lives as a family.
NEEDS FOR DAILY CLEANING
1. To ensure safety.
2. To keep pests away – rats.
3. To prevent spread of diseases.
4. To prevent bad odour.
5. To prevent accidents at home.
ADVANTAGES OF LIVING IN A CLEAN HOME
1. Free of stress
2. Self confidence
4. Free from pests and diseases
6. Look beautiful and attractive
7. Always active
8. Free from sickness
STEPS OF CLEANING ROOMS
1. Rearrange the room’s furnitures and equipment.
2. Clear the cobwebs, if available.
3. Sweep the floor
4. Dust the chairs, tables, curtains, etc.
5. Scrubbing the floor, if necessary.
6. Washing the curtains, bedsheets, etc. if dirty.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the daily needs, advantages and steps for cleaning rooms.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
4. Demonstrates the steps for cleaning a room.
Pupil’s Activities – Clean their class rooms.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state 5 needs for living in a clean home.
2. mention 5 steps in cleaning a room.