BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Storage Devices II – Difference Between Storage Drive and Disk (Primary 3)
TOPIC – STORAGE DEVICES
Functions of Storage Devices
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the uses/functions of storage devices.
Memory card and flash drive
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Floppy disk
2. Compact disk
4. Hard Disk
5. Flash disk.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Storage devices are parts of the computer system that we used to store information. There are two types of storage devices, namely – internal and external storage devices.
USES/FUNCTIONS OF STORAGE DEVICES
1. The internal storage device holds data to be used by the computer.
2. The external storage device holds data that is not inside the computer.
3. The external storage device is used as expandable memory.
4. The external storage device are used for backup data.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to mention the uses/functions of storage devices.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the uses/functions of storage devices.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state three uses of storage devices.