BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Examination Computer Studies Basic 3
TOPIC – SYSTEM UNIT
1. Meaning of System Unit
2. Internal Features of System Unit
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe a system unit.
2. identify the components of the system unit.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. System Unit
2. Picture or chart of a system unit
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
The system Unit counts, calculates and stores what we type into the computer. We can make use of what is stored in the system when it is needed.
INTERNAL FEATURES OF THE SYSTEM UNIT
The internal features of system unit are –
1. CPU – Processor
2. Disk drives (hard disk drive, floppy disk drive, CD – ROM Drives).
4. Main memory
5. Power supply
Note – if available, open up the system unit for identification of each internal features of system unit.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays system unit or its pictures.
Pupil’s Activities – Closely observe the system unit on display.
3. Guides the pupils to identify and locate each internal features of the system unit.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and locate each internal features of the system unit.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Draw and label the system unit.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Mention 5 internal features of system unit.