The Condition Necessary for Forgiveness of Sins Primary 4/Basic 4 Term 2 Week 4 Christian Religious Studies
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – JESUS THE WAY TO THE FATHER AND OUR GUIDE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus Power to Forgive Sins | Meaning of Sin and Forgiveness | Meaning of Forgiveness of Sin Primary 4/Basic 4 Term 2 Week 3 Christian Religious Studies
TOPIC – JESUS HAS THE POWER TO FORGIVE SINS
2. Meaning of Sin and Forgiveness
3. Meaning of Forgiveness of Sin
4. Examples that show a that Jesus has the Power to Forgive
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of sin and forgiveness.
2. explain the meaning of forgiveness of sin.
3. give examples that show that Jesus has the power to forgive.
4. explain the conditions necessary for forgiveness of sins.
The pupils have the idea about the concept of sin and forgive.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Bible and relevant materials –
1. Mark 2: 1–12
2. Luke 3; 15: 11–32
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Sin is an offence against God.
Forgiveness means pardon.
Forgiveness of sin is the pardon you received from God for the sin against Him.
THE CONDITIONS NECESSARY FOR FORGIVENESS OF SINS
1. Acknowledgment, accept the wrong we have done.
2. Repentance and changes from doing the wrong thing.
3. Ask for forgiveness.
4. Forgive other the wrong done to you.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the condition necessary for forgiveness of sins.
Pupil’s Activities – State the conditions necessary for forgiveness of sins.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the summary and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson –
Asks pupils to mention 4 conditions necessary for forgiveness of sins.