Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: READING AND WRITING
TOPIC – Days of the Week
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the names of the days of the week in their correct sequence.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- A calendar
- Sentence strips
- Flannel board
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DAYS OF THE WEEK
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Shows pupils calendar.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen carefully.
- Turn down the names of the days pointing them out on the calendar as he stresses their spellings and their sequence.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy down the names of the week.
- Writes them on the board in their sequence for the pupils to read.
- Pupil’s Activities – Memorize the names of the days and later write down as the teacher directs.
- Reads them to pupils. Asks pupils to state names of the days of the week.
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer questions about the names of the week.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Write down the days of the week.
- State correctly days of the week.