CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Music | Importance of Music or Uses of Music in Our Society Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Cultural and Creative Arts
TOPIC – TYPES OF CRAFT
1. Introductory Activities
2. Types of Crafts
3. Identification of Crafts in the Home
4. Meaning (Examples) of Crafts in the Home
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. name different craft works.
2. identify different crafts in the home.
3. identify different crafts in the home.
3. define and give examples of crafts in the home.
4. produce crafts in the home.
The pupils can identify and define craft.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
1. craft in the home.
2. materials and tools.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information/Read more…
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Craft is an activity involving special skills in making things by hand. Display three (3) different types of craft for the pupils to examine and identify their distinct among these craft.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in identifying the difference among the crafts.
Teacher’s remark – Good work. All the objects represent different types of craft. Engage the pupils to make all the crafts one by one.
TYPES OF CRAFTS
There are three (3) types of crafts, namely –
2. Crafts in the home
3. Drawing of craft items
CRAFTS IN THE HOME
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Display sample of crafts in the home, if available or display charts showing crafts in the home for the pupils to identify if they have see or have one at home. Discuss and write on the the board, meaning and examples of crafts in the home.
MEANING OF CRAFT IN THE HOME
Crafts in the home are craft items or objects used for many purposes in our home. They are used for decoration, sitting, containers, etc.
For examples, crafts in the home are –
1. Wall hanger
3. Chair, etc.
Ask pupils –
1. state 3 types of crafts.
2. What is craft in the home?
3. State 3 examples of crafts in the home.
Give the pupils clear photocopy of crafts in the home for them to find out how to make one.
LESSON 2 – PRODUCTION OF CRAFTS IN THE HOME
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Improvise necessary materials and tools for making crafts in the home. Guide the pupils to produce –
1. Wall hanger
- Expected improvise materials – scraw, soft wood, gum, etc.
- Expected improvise materials – scraw or colour cardboard and gum.
1. Find out the materials for drawing and painting.
2. Draw and colour a flower.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays charts showing different types of crafts.
Pupil’s Activities – Examine and identify types of crafts.
3. Shows real crafts in the home.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe crafts in the home.
4. Groups and guides pupils to produce crafts in the home.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the production of crafts in the home.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. name 3 types of crafts.
2. describe crafts in the home.
3. give 2 examples of crafts in the home.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (Test)
1. ____________ is an activity involving special skills in making things by hand.
2. The are _____ types of crafts.
C. A and B
3. Craft is a ____________ works.
4. ____________ are real objects used for decoration and other purposes in the home.
A. Embroidery crafts
B. Drawing of crafts items
C. Crafts in the home
5. give 2 examples of crafts in the home.
6. Produce crafts in the home. 5 marks
Note – Number 6, as produced in the class activities.