BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Computer in the Hospital Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – USES OF COMPUTER IN THE BANKS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Computer System in the Bank
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the uses of a computer in the banks.
The pupils can identify atm cards, atm machines, post, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. ATM card
3. Computer systems
4. A trip to the nearest banks
5. Invited guest
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display an ATM card and charts showing ATM machine and POS device.
Pupil’s Activities – This is ATM card, ATM machine and POS device.
Teacher’s remark – There are different types of computer. ATM machine and POS are some of computers used in the banks. Trip in batch or group to the nearest banking or invite a bank staff to facilitate the lesson.
LESSON 2 – USES OF COMPUTER IN THE BANKS
Teacher’s Activities – Based on the trip or discussion of the resourceful person from the bank, ask the pupils to state the uses of computer in the banks.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of computer in the banks.
Teacher’s remark – Listen the pupil’s points and note the valid points on the board.
On board, copy as I write.
1. It is used for receiving money.
2. It is used for sending money.
3. It is used for buying airtime, data, etc.
4. It is used for making payment online such as school’s fees, buying goods, etc.
5. It is used for keeping receipts and payments.
6. It is used for keeping bank’s official records.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. A trip to the nearest bank in batch or group or invite a resourceful person from the bank.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation on the excursion.
3. Guides pupils to state the uses of computer in the bank.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of computer in the bank.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. identify the computer devices used in the banks.
2. state 3 uses of computer in the banks.