Last Updated on January 16, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Computer in the Banks Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – USES OF COMPUTER IN THE SUPERMARKETS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Computer System in Supermarkets
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the uses of computer in the supermarkets.
The pupils can identify POS devices.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. POS device
2. Computer system
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display an ATM card and charts showing POS device.
Pupil’s Activities – This is ATM card, ATM machine and POS device.
Teacher’s remark – Just like the banks, ATM card, POS device and computer are used in the supermarkets. Trip in batch or group to the nearest supermarket and allow the pupils to ask few questions.
LESSON 2 – USES OF COMPUTER IN THE SUPERMARKETS
Teacher’s Activities – Based on the trip or discussion of the resourceful person from the bank, ask the pupils to state the uses of computer in the banks.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of computer in the banks.
Teacher’s remark – Listen the pupil’s points and note the valid points on the board.
On board, copy as I write.
1. It is used for making payment.
2. It is used for printing receipts.
3. It is used for checking list of prices.
4. It is used for keeping records of goods sold.
5. It is used for keeping records of purchases.
6. It is used for keeping records of available goods.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. A trip to the nearest supermarket.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation on the excursion.
3. Guides pupils to state the uses of computer in the supermarket.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of computer in the supermarket.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. play different games on computer.
2. state their favourite computer games.
3. play the games.