BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Storing Information Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – USES OF COMPUTER IN THE SCHOOL
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Computer in the Schools
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to – state the uses of a computer in the schools.
The pupils can use the computer to –
1. play educational games,
2. watch educational films.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Computer systems
2. Computer game softwares
3. A short video of yourself teaching.
4. Test or exam software
5. Items produced with the computer such as drawings, paintings, print-outs, books, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Based on the previous lessons, ask the pupils to state the uses of computer they have learnt.
Pupil’s Activities – Computers are used for playing games, watching educational films, typing texts and storing information.
Teacher’s remark – A quick cheer for quick response. Today, We are going to learn uses of computer in the school.
USES OF COMPUTER IN THE SCHOOLS
Teacher’s Activities – Play the short video for the pupils to watch and ask the pupils to identify the person in the video and what is he/him doing? Ask them questions based on the lesson taught in the video.
Pupil’s Activities – This is our uncle/auntie, he/she is teaching computer.
Teacher’s remark – A great cheer for active participation. Your uncle/auntie is using computer to teach and you are doing what ___________? Discuss and note their valid points on the board.
On board, copy as I write.
1. It is used for teaching.
2. It is used for learning.
3. It is used for playing games.
4. It is used for watching films.
5. It is used for typing texts.
6. It used for drawing.
7. It is used for preparing instructional materials.
8. It is used test or examination.
9. It is used for keeping and preparing the pupil’s report.
LESSON 2 – PRACTICAL USES OF THE COMPUTER IN SCHOOLS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guide the pupils in pair or group to use the computer to draw or design and to take test on the computer.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. shows pupils things produced with a computer.
Pupil’s Activities – Come out in groups of two to examine what the teacher has produced with computer.
3. Guides pupils to state the uses of computer in the schools.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of computer in the schools.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to answer computer based test.