THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Input Devices – Computer Mouse (Primary 3)
TOPIC – JOYSTICK AS INPUT DEVICES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification of Computer Joystick
3. Description of Computer Joystick
4. Uses of Computer Joystick
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and describe the computer joystick.
2. state the uses of computer joystick.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Computer Joystick or chart showing computer joystick.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a functional computer system (if available) or chart showing computer joystick for the pupils to identify computer joystick as input device and describes.
Pupil’s response – Identify and describe computer joystick.
Teacher’s remark – Computer mouse is one of the input device that’s used for controlling characters in a computer game. Give a great cheer for active response and description. Discuss the meaning of computer mouse and guide the pupils to identify and state the features of computer joystick.
On board, copy as I write.
MEANING OF COMPUTER JOYSTICK
A computer joystick is an input device that control (move) a character or machine in a computer game.
Computer joystick got its name from a flight simulator in a plane.
FEATURES OF A COMPUTER JOYSTICK
The following are the features of computer joystick –
4. Extra or additional buttons
5. Auto fire switch
7. Hat switch
8. Suction cup
LESSON 2 – USES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
It is used for selecting and controlling characters or machines in a computer games.
LESSON EVALUATION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
Review the lesson to get the pupils ready for their weekly assessment (test)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays a functional computer system for pupils to identify computer joystick as input device.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe computer joystick.
3. Leads pupils to use computer joystick as stated above.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Observe teacher’s activity.
- Select and control different characters in a video game.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify computer joystick as an input device.
2. state the features of computer joystick.
3. select and control different characters in a video game.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _______________ is an input device that control (move) a character or machine in a computer game.
A. Computer joy
B. Computer stick
C. Computer joystick
2. Computer joystick got its name from a flight simulator in a _______________.
3. Which one of the following is not an input device?
4. Joystick is an _______________.
A. output device
B. input device
C. central device
5. The joystick is a _______________ stick that moves the cursor in the direction the stick is moved.
Write 5 features of joystick.